Nordic Innovation wants to take the circular economy from strategy to business. With this project together with Sitra, we are looking to engage this important and traditional industry in the circular transformation in the Nordics.
Nordic Innovation wants to target the traditional manufacturing sector in the Nordics, giving them the tools to be part of the transition towards a circular economy.
The project enables the creation of unique Nordic value chains, competence building in ecosystems, and collaboration between Nordic companies. Nordic Innovation wants to drive the transition to circular economy through competence building in companies. We see the use of Sitra’s Playbook in this project as an effective way to scale a tool from one national level, in this case Finland, to the Nordic level.
The circular workshops 2020
Online kick-off 01 September and 22 October 2020.
First workshops 09 September and 02 November 2020.
A project, with the purpose of supporting the development of circularity in the Nordic manufacturing industry, driven by Nordic Innovation and Accenture. Four different manufacturing sectors have been identified, having a large footprint and a strong case for circular business models: Machinery & equipment, Transportation, Maritime, and Energy. The objective is to develop collaborative pilots across industry ecosystems to spur successful transition towards a circular economy, which is critical for innovation and continued economic growth.
Digitalization and new regulatory pressures that promote sustainable societies are emerging rapidly in today’s markets and makes the timing right to drive awareness and circular initiatives across the Nordics. The project has an important role to increase pace in the systemic change required to enable circularity, e.g. developing ecosystems, initiating collaborations, and new solutions with innovative business models.
Ecosystems will be realized, within the above four sectors, through three phases:
- Attracting the right participants in each sector ecosystem that can contribute to successful pilots
- Executing bootcamps for participants, including innovation and learning workshops with supportive tools and methodologies to be used on their own.
- Initiation of pilots with support and coaching available for participants.
The first circular workshops in 2019
More than 50 companies from the Nordic countries participated in the first version of the Nordic Circular Industries program. The workshops were highly successful and received positive feedback from the participants.
In the second version of the project, we are making three key changes to improve the circular workshop experience and tailor it even more to the Nordic companies’ expectations:
- Adding an informal social event to the program to increase networking opportunities.
- Expanding the ecosystem to also include construction companies, in addition to companies within machinery & equipment, maritime, transportation and energy industry, to exploit the synergies created from collaboration across industry ecosystems.
- Dividing the program in in two tracks depending on the companies’ maturity and ambition level. Track A will focus on increasing competence about circular economy and Track B will concentrate more on developing circular economy pilots across participating companies.
Want to join?
Silje.firstname.lastname@example.org - or get in touch with our advisers below.