Nordic Innovation wishes to contribute to sustainable growth, increased entrepreneurship, innovation and competitiveness for Nordic businesses in their transition to a circular economy.
The Nordic Sustainable Business Transformation Program is based on the Nordic Co-operation Programme for Business and Innovation Policy 2018-2021. It is one of Nordic Innovation’s three thematic priorities for the period 2018-21. A total of NOK 60 million has been allocated to the program. The aim with the program is to accelerate the transition to a circular economy in the Nordics.
What is Nordic Sustainable Business Transformation?
Nordic Sustainable Business Transformation is one of Nordic Innovation's programs, made to stimulate Nordic companies into implementing sustainable business models. Nordic Innovation aims to enhance the Nordic companies competitiveness and to accelerate the transition to a circular economy in the Nordics.
- Creating a systemic change in businesses by spreading knowledge about tools that enable circularity and new business models.
- Building a Nordic ecosystem/Nordic value chains that takes circular economy from strategy to business.
The work with the program began in January and through spring 2018, where the team met up with national stakeholders and companies in the five Nordic countries regarding program content. Nordic Sustainable Business Transformation helps companies go from a take-make-waste paradigm to a circular value creation.
- Competence - driving change through competence and new business models.
- New Solutions - accelerating business through innovation.
- Circular Cities - public privat collaboration.
- Ecosystems - building networks and connecting competences and people.