In the last years, there has been a focus on how to help and nurture startups in the Nordics. This has made the Nordic region one of the best in the world when it comes to starting and developing new companies. Even though the Nordic countries are above OECD average as regards to starting new companies, the challenge is that many startups never reach their full potential.
Scaleups are rapidly expanding companies which account for an above-average proportion of the economic growth. By supporting Nordic scaleups, Nordic Innovation aims to address the perceived gaps in the Nordic entrepreneurship ecosystem:
- Inadequate support system for scaleups and SMEs with high growth ambitions,
- insufficient competence base in high growth venturing,
- a low number of scaleups,
- a low level of scaleup community building and cross-border collaboration in the Nordic region around scaleups.
Through this invitation to tender, Nordic Innovation is looking for a partner to develop a globally leading scaleup community in the Nordic region, with the 33 alumni from Nordic Scalers pilot to start with. We expect the Nordic scaleup community to be built up and enlarged gradually. The alumni from Nordic Scalers 2.0 programs will be invited to join the Nordic Scalers alumni network.
With this invitation to tender, Nordic Innovation’s objective is to pave the way for community driven activities after the two-year program period (2021 – 2023) has ended.
Budget: NOK 1.100.000 (excl. VAT).
The tender and application deadline
Application deadline: 31 May 2021, 15:00 CET.
The tender must be submitted electronically to Nordic Innovation at: firstname.lastname@example.org and labelled “Tender – Nordic Scalers 2.0 community building partner”.
List of important dates:
|Publishing of the tender||20 April 2021|
|Deadline for asking questions regarding the tender||5 May 2021, 15.00 CET|
|Answers published online||7 May 2021|
|Deadline for Invitation to tender||31 May 2021, 15.00 CET|
|Selection of supplier||17 June 2021|
|Contract signing||30 June 2021|
|Deadline for validity of tender||90 days from submission deadline|
|Deadline of submission/completion of|
|30 June 2023|
Please note that the dates can be subject to change.
Goals and target groups:
- a) Nordic Scalers alumni:
- To provide Nordic Scalers alumni possibilities to network and peer-to-peer learning in an informal and inspirational way around relevant content e.g., through an online community.
- To organise Nordic Scalers alumni events. The goal is to create encounters that are memorable and intentional about experience. These events can also entail light introductions to late-stage investors and/or experienced serial entrepreneurs in wisely selected locations, based on relevance.
- To increase visibility of Nordic Scalers alumni and to provide relevant content to e.g., social media and website.
- b) Nordic Scalers 2.0 programs
- To organise a networking possibility for Nordic Scalers 2.0 program teams to share learnings and enhance collaboration and a sense of shared mission.
- To increase visibility of Nordic Scalers programs and to provide relevant content to e.g., social media and website.
- c) Other scaleup community building events, activities, tools and target groups
- Other events (e.g., Nordic Scaleup Summit), tools (e.g., videos, podcasts, studies) or target groups that are relevant for scaleup community building and branding the Nordics as a leading scaleup hub.