The goal of this project is to explore how Nordic datasets and capabilities in ethical AI and responsible use of data can contribute to the development of new innovative solutions in Nordic businesses. This feeds into the objective of strengthening the competitive advantage of Nordic businesses and helping to support sustainable and smart growth in the Nordic region.
This project will:
1. Create use cases with the purpose to stimulate and encourage the creation of ethical AI solutions based on Nordic datasets. The aim is to raise awareness and increase the visibility of:
- Nordic businesses that have developed innovative ethical AI solutions based on Nordic datasets;
- Nordic public authorities that own and make their datasets available; and lastly,
- which public datasets are in highest demand among Nordic businesses and which Nordic businesses are heavy users of public data.
2. Produce a Nordic business case for ethical, trustworthy AI and responsible use of data. The objective is to evaluate the competitive advantage for Nordic businesses in specializing in ethical and responsible AI and use of data.
3. Plan and organise a cross-Nordic matchmaking which aims to transfer ethical AI competences and capabilities on how to better utilize data and enabling technologies such as AI to create clear business value for Nordic companies. The plan should deploy a suitable innovation instrument which should be ideal for matchmaking and transfer of AI competences and capabilities across the Nordic region.
The outcome of this part of the project is the Nordic Ethical AI Sandbox which is a series of workshops and seminars taking place during autumn 2023 and spring 2024 with the aim to help build knowledge and capability for Nordic companies on how to address some of the challenges within responsible AI.
4. Establish a Nordic Ethical AI and Aata Expert Group. Besides identifying and proposing suitable candidates for such a group, the supplier should lead the administrative work of the group. The expert group should contribute to bridging the gap between political objectives and the needs of the Nordic business community related to ethical AI and responsible use of data.
During Autumn 2023, 23 experts were selected for the Nordic Ethical AI and Data Expert Group. The objective of the group is to create a channel between political objectives and the needs of the Nordic AI ecosystem. The group will develop a roadmap on how the Nordic region can become leading within ethical AI.
This project is funded under the AI and Data program which is one of the eight initiatives launched by the five Nordic Ministers of Trade and Industry.