It is not a pre-requisite to have participated in Stage 1 to be able to compete in Stage 2. A formal consortium consisting of partners from at least 3 Nordic countries as well as the program concept and business model must be in place for stage 2. The goal is to select approx. 3 – 5 Nordic Scalers proposals in Stage 2. Deadline is 16 February at 14.00 CET.
Nordic Scalers evaluation criteria in Stage 2
All applications in Stage 2 will be evaluated on the basis of the following three criteria:
- Business level: Nordic Innovation seeks projects with potential to create high impact for Nordic scale-up companies, in terms of business opportunities and sustainable growth, increased skills and competencies, access to new networks, customers and global markets.
- Nordic level: Applicants should describe the Nordic added value of the project (why will it be advantageous to operate at Nordic level as opposed to e.g. at national or local level).
- Societal level: Applicants must clarify how the projects will address joint societal challenges or relevant Sustainable Development Goals. The projects should also have a potential for positive impact for increasing diversity and inclusion.
- Exit strategy: All applications must demonstrate how they intend to ensure the sustainability of the business model and impact creation during and after the 2-year project period.
B. Quality and relevance
The application must show relevance in regard to:
- Nordic Innovation’s mission: To contribute to sustainable growth, increased entrepreneurship, innovation and competitiveness for Nordic companies.
- Value proposition for Nordic scale-up companies.
- Potential for positive impact for maintaining the Nordic region as an attractive place for scale-ups to stay and operate in.
- Potential to meet real market needs.
- Credibility of the program concept and sustainability of the business model.
- Ongoing scale-up initiatives and networks nationally and internationally (Nordic Scalers program should be complementary and build on best practice).
C. Competence and implementation
- The consortium must demonstrate necessary and relevant implementation capacity and competences. The role, responsibility, competences, and track record of each partner must be described. Short CVs (1/2 page per partner) may be attached.
- All partners should add competence to the consortium and play a decisive role.
- The consortium should preferably consist of partners playing a central role in a national/regional/international scale-up ecosystem.
- The Nordic added value and synergies created through the consortium and wider networks as a whole. Describe which Nordic and global actors / networks are actively utilized during the program and how.
- The project plan and management should be realistic, well-structured, and clearly defined. An activity plan must be included, briefly describing which type of activities will be conducted.
Please see the Call text for Stage 1 as a background: Call for Project Outlines: Feasibility Funding to Develop the Next Generation of Nordic Scalers.