Through this Invitation to Tender, Nordic Innovation is looking for a partner to develop a globally leading scale-up community in the Nordic region, beginning with the 33 alumni companies from the Nordic Scalers pilot. The alumni from the Nordic Scalers 2.0 programs will also be invited to join the Nordic Scalers alumni network. With this Invitation to Tender, Nordic Innovation’s objective is to pave the way for community driven activities after the two-year program period (2021 – 2023) has ended.
Budget NOK 1.100.000 (excl. VAT).
This is what we are looking for in a community building partner for Nordic Scalers
We are looking for community builders to help Nordic Innovation build a globally leading scale-up ecosystem in the Nordics and to facilitate implementation of scale-up community-building activities during Nordic Scalers 2.0 (2021 – 2023). The community builders should help Nordic Innovation reach below target groups and goals.
Target groups and goals
Nordic Scalers alumni
- Provide Nordic Scalers alumni possibilities to network and peer-to-peer learning in an informal and inspirational way around relevant content for example through an online community.
- Organise Nordic Scalers alumni events. The goal is to create encounters that are memorable and intentional about experience. These events can also entail light introductions to late-stage investors and/or experienced serial entrepreneurs in wisely selected locations, based on relevance.
- Increase visibility of Nordic Scalers alumni and to provide relevant content to e.g., social media and website.
Nordic Scalers 2.0 programs
- to organise a networking possibility for Nordic Scalers 2.0 program teams to share learnings and enhance collaboration and a sense of shared mission.
- to increase visibility of Nordic Scalers programs and to provide relevant content to e.g., social media and website.
Other scale-up community building events, activities, tools and target groups
- Other events ( for example the Nordic Scaleup Summit), tools (videos, podcasts, studies) or target groups that are relevant for the scale-up community building and branding the Nordics as a leading scale-up hub.
In the last years, there has been a focus on how to help and nurture startups in the Nordics. This has made the Nordic region one of the best in the world when it comes to starting and developing new companies.
Scale-ups are rapidly expanding companies which account for an above-average proportion of the economic growth. By supporting Nordic scale-ups, Nordic Innovation aims to address the perceived gaps in the Nordic entrepreneurship ecosystem:
- Inadequate support system for scaleups and SMEs with high growth ambitions
- Insufficient competence base in high growth venturing
- A low number of scale-ups
- A low level of scale-up community building and cross-border collaboration in the Nordic region around scale-ups
Deadline for application 31 May 2021 at 15.00 CEST.