There is as of now established five Nordic Innovation Houses: Silicon Valley, New York, Singapore, Hong Kong and Tokyo. The purpose of the assessment is to review the concept, steering model, and operationalisation of the Nordic Innovation Houses in order to give recommendations on a future concept and governance structure as well as a self-sustainable business model for the Nordic Innovation Houses.
Tender and application info
Budget: Up to NOK 375 000 (excl. VAT).
Deadline for applications: 1 September 2021, 12:00 CET.
The Tender shall be delivered by e-mail to email@example.com, and labelled with:
“Assessment of the Nordic Innovation House concept”.
Time frame: September 2020 – Mid January 2022.
The following specific issues and questions should be included:
- Is the governance and steering structure clear, both locally, between local Nordic Innovation Houses and national Trade Promotion Organisations HQ and Nordic Innovation?
- The different Nordic Innovation Houses are all adapted to opportunities and specifics in their local markets. However, are the common denominators between the houses strong and clear enough to communicate Nordic Innovation Houses as one concept?
- Is the present business model economic self-sustained after three years start up period?
- Are the operations and activities run by the Nordic Innovation Houses complementary, and not duplicating, the services provided by the local Trade Promotion Organisations?
- Does a membership in a Nordic Innovation Houses bring value to the companies which are members: does it function as a community for Nordic companies?
- Does it function as a soft-landing place for Nordic companies?
- How important is it to have physical offices which can function as an incubator, or can this be provided by others, or can the Nordic Innovation houses operate virtually entities?
- Does a Nordic Innovation House bring Nordic added value or could each Trade Promotion Organisation alone just effectively offer the same services?
- How can a model be found that would allow for all the Nordic Trade Promotion Offices to participate on an ad-hoc basis, such as we have seen in Singapore, where a demand driven, and flexible model has been put in place for Danish participation?