Can we reach the Sustainable Development Goals without equality in the energy and environment sectors?
The Nordic countries are often ranked as among the most gender-equal in the world. However, gaps remain - especially in the energy sector.
In this session, we will hear the stories of two exceptional female entrepreneurs from the Baltics and their journeys towards success in a fairly male-dominated arena, how a project seeking to empower women in the Gambia believes renewable energy has not only benefitted the women themselves, but the whole society, and gain insights on equality in the Nordic energy and environment sector, and steps to make it more balanced.
Join the discussion on equality, entrepreneurship and inclusion in climate actions, and the just transition across generations and countries. Is a just transition possible when everyone is not included?
- Marton Leander, moderator, Nordic Energy Research
- Heidi Solba, speaker, President and Head of Global Network Let's Do It World
- Anna-Greta Tsahkna, speaker, CEO at Timbeter
- Malang Sambou Manneh, speaker, Chairman of Mbolo Association, Gambia
- Astrid Bratli, panelist, Nordic Energy Research, Pilot of Nordic Energy Equality Network
- Marte Rusten, panelist, Principal Consultant, Environmental risk and preparedness, DNV
- Selma Skov Høye, panelist, Sustainability Director, Aker Horizons
The event is organized in collaboration between Nordic Energy Research and Nordic Innovation.