The three areas with biggest Nordic added value will be selected.
Furthermore, the project seeks to:
- Create solutions addressing the selected opportunities
- Test the created solutions in a relevant Nordic setting
- Promote the solutions and facilitate a more competitive industry
Opportunity competitions, innovation labs, calls or similar activities will be initiated to create solutions targeting the selected opportunities. The created solutions will be tested in a number of Nordic testbeds that aim to have a broad Nordic relevance.
The final part of the project will focus on promotion and information sharing of the created solutions.
The project seeks to reach:
- Travel companies, municipalities, industry organizations, clusters and visit organizations
- A wide variety of companies, incl. tech. universities and students
- Tourism clusters, ports, airports, business networks and the cruise industry
Since 2018 Nordic Innovation has been running the special initiative Tourism in the Nordics, that aims to facilitate Nordic cooperation on innovation in the tourism industry, and contribute to a more environmentally, socially and economically sustainable region. The focus is on development of new sustainable business models and innovative digital solutions.
In 2019, the Nordic Ministers for Cooperation (MR-SAM) launched a process for Vision 2030. A key issue in the reform process was Nordic collaboration on tourism, with the objective of increasing competitiveness, innovation and sustainability within the sector. The Ministers proposed that tourism should be prioritized within the framework of Nordic collaboration. This was followed up with a Nordic Tourism Policy Analysis Report to the Nordic Council of Ministers in 2019.