The main objective of the project was to test new local raw materials for aquaculture feed and to implement those into the production chain, thereby:
- moving the Nordic aquaculture industry towards a more competitive and sustainable production, focusing on efficient and responsible use of local feed sources,
- identifying novel fish feed ingredients optimizing the use of marine raw materials,
- creating added value through the use of new marine raw materials such as mussel meal, seaweed and microalgae,
- decreasing the dependency on fishmeal and fish oil as fish feed ingredients,
- lowering carbon footprint of aquaculture production, and establishing a user driven diversified “green growth” in aquaculture production of high quality fish products.