Nordic Innovation has a number of projects whose main purpose it is to strengthen the Nordic region's competitiveness in a global market.
We are also central to several of the Nordic globalization initiatives. We cooperate with NordForsk and Nordic Energy Research to maintain the secretariat function for the Top-level Research Initiative and the Energy and Transport programme. We have the secretariat for the new Nordic initiative for climate friendly buildings. In all these globalization initiatives there are important objectives to connect the underlying projects with similar international projects.
In order to obtain the best knowledge, it is often necessary to work beyond the Nordic region.
Nordic Innovation therefore participates regularly at seminars in Brussels, but also present as speakers and panellists at various events around the world.
We are working actively to cooperate with international expertise and networks. We believe it is important to form lasting relationships to the expert environments that we believe will be useful for Nordic companies to learn from. Recently we have focused on establishing cooperation with these actors:
- World Economic Forum
- NESTA (UK)
- European Commission
- DG Enterprise (Several units)
- DG Internal Market and Services
- DG Research (Innovation Unit)
- European Parliament
- Kellogg School of Management
- London School of Economics and Political Science
- Centre of Excellence for commercialization of research (Canada)
- Department of Business, Innovation and Skills (Ministry of trade, UK)
- European Venture Capital Association
- European Investment Fund