Nordic Solved is a unique programme, which allows Nordic private and public actors to apply for funding at any time, outside traditional calls. The programme provides the possibility to get a swift response on a project idea. THIS PROGRAMME IS NOW CLOSED.
THE NORDIC SOLVED INNOVATION PROGRAMME IS NOW CLOSED.
The programme funds innovation activities related to new or more effective products, processes, services, technologies and/or ideas that are readily available to markets, governments and/or society.
Nordic added value should be pivotal for the project. The applicant must explain the added value of that the project is conducted on a Nordic instead of national level.
The funding from Nordic Innovation should have a clear incentive effect on the project, and can only be granted given that the project participants are risking own input in order to gain a greater benefit. National co-funding in the projects must be dependant on Nordic Innovation funding.
In addition, the industry or the end users must be involved in the project, preferably as a part of the project consortium.
As a general rule, the applicant should be a user of the project's results.
Nordic Innovation is constantly looking for the best innovation projects in the Nordic region. Nordic Solved offers businesses the opportunity to apply for funding outside conventional calls, without belonging to a specific branch of the industry.
The background of Nordic Solved is threefold:
- Nordic Solved is an important tool for Nordic Innovation and allows us to cooperate with the most exciting, dynamic and innovative companies in the region.
- The programme allows for projects to apply for funding outside traditional calls for proposals and is not aimed at a specific branch of the industry. It is neither restricted by a deadline, which allows Nordic Innovation to closely follow industry trends.
- The aim of the programme is to promote Nordic cooperation and existing synergies in the five countries - creating a Nordic added value that is greater than the sum of its parts.
Projects that do not comply with our basic criteria will be rejected:
- the project must include partners from at least three Nordic countries with a reasonable balance between the different nations
- the project must be at least 50% self-financed (either in form of working hours or direct funding). Furthermore, a project budget cannot include more than 50% public funding
- the project period must not exceed 36 months
- the project must lead to a concrete result (new concept, process, product or service) that should be communicated and shared on a Nordic and international level
It is not common for Nordic Innovation to fund a single project with more than 4 million NOK. For more information on approved rates, please look here.
Nordic Solved does not fund
- Projects with reports, networks or conferences as their main output
- Basic research
- Independent freelance activities
- Writing of applications
- Projects in a thematic area where Nordic Innovation is planning a call for proposals within the next six months
Nordic Innovation reserves the right to reject any application that does not fullfill the criteria.
How to apply
The application follows a two-step process.
First step is to fill out a simple application form with a brief description of the project idea. The first step should contain:
- possible project consortium
- sketch of the budget
- explanation of the need for the project
- added Nordic value of the project
After approval, a full application must submitted which will be presented to the board of Nordic Innovation for a final decision.
Along with the full application, all the project participants must provide a company certificate and a tax certificate from the previous year.
In the different Nordic languages this means:
- Norway: "Firma- og skatteattest"
- Sweden: "Registreringsbevis och årsredovisning"
- Finland: "Kaupparekisteriote ja Verojen maksamisesta"
- Iceland: "Ársreikningur"
- Denmark: "Registreringsbevis skat og Branche registrering"
- Faroe Islands: "Skrásetingarskjal"
Please note that the Nordic Solved Programme will only run until 31.12.2014. All simple application that will be received before that time, will be processed to the full.
Further information on the programme in 2015 will be published shortly.
Please follow this link for registration and application portal.
There are some doubts with regard to whether grants from Norden Nordic Innovation should be regarded as State aid subject to EU and EEA law. Pending clarification from the Nordic countries, Norden Nordic Innovation has decided to apply the content of the State aid rules.
The funds granted in the Nordic Solved programme are granted under the de minimis state aid regulation.
Applicants that have received de minimis aid must declare the full amount of de minimis aid which has been granted during the last 3 years.
For further information please see the guidelines on the Norwegian Ministry of Trade, Industry and Fisheries website.